While looking for something else, I stumbled upon a post from 2013 that could use some updating:
- American children born this month will likely graduate from high school in 2041 and college in 2045.
- Children born in 2002 can legally drink in the United States. That's as far back in time as the first detainees arriving at Camp X-Ray in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba; Kelly Clarkson winning the first American Idol competition; and both US Airways and United Airlines declaring bankruptcy.
- Kids born in 2005 can vote here, and drink in the UK.
- This year we'll celebrate (*ahem*) the 50th anniversaries of Spiro Agnew becoming an ex-Vice President, the Sears Tower becoming the world's tallest building, and the Endangered Species Act becoming law. We'll also have the 100th anniversaries of the Rosewood Massacre, the Hollywood(land) sign's construction, and Paddy Chayefsky's birth.
- Seth McFarlane, Neve Campbell, David Blaine, Monica Seles, and Kevin Feige turn 50 this year (as do a number of my friends). Frank Sinatra, Linda McCartney, Benjamin Spock, Roy Rogers, Barry Goldwater, and Pol Pot have been dead for 25.
- And cartoon mice born in 1928 will enter the public domain at the end of this year.
Not to mention, we are now closer to the year 2100 than to 1946.