With only 18 hours to go in the worst presidency in American history—no, really this time—I have a few articles to read, only two of which (directly) concern the STBXPOTUS.
- Author John Scalzi looks forward to "President Boring:" "Biden is boring, in point of fact, and never has boring felt so good. We’re not settling for boring. Boring is what we’re hoping for."
- CNN publishes a shocking poll showing that most Americans do not think the STBXPOTUS will be remembered well.
- One reason: "Operation Warp Speed" helped fund a Covid-19 vaccine in record time, sure, but the incompetents in the outgoing administration neglected to plan for distributing it. This means Biden's plan "is maddeningly obvious," and will probably succeed.
- Yes, the National Guard occupation of Washington today and tomorrow is a national disgrace.
- Bret Stephens thinks Lincoln's "Lyceum Address" in January, 1838, predicted the world of 2021.
- Despite all the help I'm able to give them, Illinois craft brewers are struggling.
- Farther afield, the Moynihan Train Hall has opened at Penn Station in New York to mixed reviews.
Finally, after seven weeks of back-and-forth with Microsoft engineers, I've helped them clarify some code and documentation that will enable me to release a .NET 5.0 version of the Inner Drive Extensible Architecture™—the IDEA™—by this time tomorrow.