It turns out a lot of stuff happened on May 25th in years past:
- In 1521, the Diet of Worms coughed up an edict formally designating Martin Luther a heretic;
- In 1878, the infernal nonsense Pinafore opened in London;
- In 1925, Dayton, Tenn. indicted John Scopes on charges of teaching evolution in a school;
- In 1963, Mike Myers was born (yes, he's that old);
- In 1977, Star Wars hit theaters (and I spent an hour waiting in line in Torrance, Calif., to see it);
- In 1979, American 191 crashed in Wood Dale, Ill.; and
- In 2006, Geek Pride Day had its first celebration.
No over-arching point is intended here. I just thought the connections interesting.