Here are the new rules regarding displays of patriotism in the U.S.:
- To buy an American flag, you must present proof you
have voted at least once in the last three elections
(yes, local and state elections count).
- To display an American flag in any form, you must
present proof of voter registration.
- To wave an American flag in public, you must be
able to name at least one of the following:
- Your Senator
- Your Representative
- Your President ("George Bush" does not count; ambiguous)
- To sell any product with an American flag on it,
you must answer the following question:
The Bill of Rights is part of:
- the Constitution
- the Magna Carta
- the Declaration of Independence
- Those heard singing patriotic songs in public may
be asked to show their voter registration cards.
- To be permitted to scream "Nuke Afghanistan", you
must be able to correctly locate Afghanistan on a map
- To be permitted to scream "Arabs go home", you must
list and correctly locate ten Arab homelands.
- Those who wish to express opinions about Arabs and
Arab-Americans must pass the following test:
- Those who follow the religion of Islam are called:
- The holy book of Islam is called:
- The Koran
- The Koram
- The Bible
- In Arabic, God is called:
- Priority for purchase of American flags will be
given to those whose ancestors lived on American soil
the longest. When all American Indians who wish to
display the red, white and blue are satisfied, other
applicants will be accepted.
- A call for war on any radio talk-show will be
construed as a public declaration of willingness to
enlist in the US Army; callers will have 24 hours to
complete the paperwork.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Submitted by reader S.S.