I am trying to put that number into perspective.
- Assuming 112.5 passengers per flight (4.378 billion passengers carried in 2018 divided by 38.9 million flights), that's the equivalent of 1,395 air-transport crashes this year.
- It's approximately the number of deaths from nuclear weapons, ever.
- More Americans have died from Covid-19 in the US than died in World War I and the Vietnam War, combined.
- It is more than the total number of people who died in New York State in 2017 from all causes.
- More Americans have died of Covid-19 than Asians and Africans combined, and we have equaled the number of deaths in the entirety of Continental Europe.
And the president and the Republican Party have let it continue through incompetence, malice, and negligence.
 Source: Statista, IATA.
 From 6 August to 31 December 1945, the US Army estimated 90,000-120,000 deaths in Hiroshima and 60,000-90,000 deaths in Nagasaki due to the atomic bombings. Source: UCLA.
 Source: Wikipedia.
 Source: NYS Dept of Health.
 Source: Worldometers