Armed with an InstantPot, a Cuisinart, and some basic understanding of cooking, I made this today:
Ingredients used (amounts where known):
|Hot Italian sausage, 300 g
|Mild Italian sausage, 150 g
|Diced pancetta, 50 g
|Tomato puree, 800 mL
||Juice of 1 lemon
||Juice of 1 lime
|Mirepoix (onion, carrot, celery)
||Smoked chile powder
|Red pepper flakes
I sautéed the meat first, then after a few minutes, added the onion, garlic, and shallot. All of that got browned. In went the carrots and celery, a few more garlic cloves, and everything else a few minutes later with the heat off. Mixed the lot, then cooked at high pressure for 20 minutes with 7 minutes slow release before opening the steam vent for fast release.
So, it came out well, and it's very tasty. But I will do some things differently next time:
- Put the cheese and tomato paste on top and last to prevent burning.
- Don't forget the wine!
- Prep the herbs better, and use more of them, especially basil.
- In fact, add more salt, olive oil, butter, mushrooms (smaller pieces), and acid (one more lemon).
- Skip the hot sausage. Use neutral ground meat (bison or beef) and mild sausage at 1:1. 500 grams of meat was about right, though.
- Skip the pancetta. it got completely obliterated.
Also, it probably doesn't need to cook so long.
But now I've got two litres of deliciousness to eat or freeze.