We have actual spring weather today, so instead of reading things while eating lunch I was watching things, like this corgi:
I do have a few things to read while coordinating a rehearsal later tonight. To wit:
- New York City declared a public health emergency because of measles. Measles. A childhood disease we almost eradicated before people started believing falsehoods about vaccination.
- White House senior troll Stephen Miller has the president's ear, with predictable consequences.
- Where did all of Chicago's taverns go? We used to have two to a block.
- Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin admitted that the White House and the IRS have discussed releasing the president's tax forms, contrary to the statute meant to keep the White House from influencing the IRS.
- Why is Canadian PM Justin Trudeau imploding so fast?
- The UK Government has started preparing for EU elections next month, a sign that they expect to get an extension on the Brexit timeline from the EU. If not, then they will crash out of the union at 5pm Chicago time Thursday, scoring one of the worst own-goals in the history of world politics. (It's worth noting that losing the American colonies was another one.) I can't wait for PMQs tomorrow.
Today's weather, of course, is just a teaser. We even have snow flurries in the forecast for Friday. Welcome to Chicago.