Before continuing yesterday's list of Star Wars lines that only a 14-year-old could love, I need to tip my hat to reader AS who found this sparkling diamond of a list. Change one word in a Star Wars quote to "pants" and you get, for example, "I find your lack of pants disturbing," or, "In his pants you will find a new definition of pain and suffering." Fascinating that the list includes lines from all six movies, and yet only lines from the first three made it into the top 20.
Here's a clue. Here are the top 10 lines from The Empire Strikes Back:
- "And I thought they smelled bad...on the OUTSIDE!"
- "Possible he came in through the south entrance."
- "I must've hit it pretty close to the mark to get her all riled up like that, huh, kid?"
- "Hurry up, golden rod..."
- "That's OK, I'd like to keep it on manual control for a while."
- "But now we must eat. Come, good food, come..."
- "Control, control! You must learn control."
- "There's an awful lot of moisture in here."
- "Size matters not. Judge me by my size, do you?"
- "I thought that hairy beast would be the end of me!"
And from Return Of The Jedi:
- "I need more men."
- "Our instructions are to give it only to Jabba himself."
- "Thanks for coming after me."
- "Rise, my friend."
- "I can't do it, R2."
- "Look, I want you to take her."
- "I'm endangering the mission. I shouldn't have come."
- "General Solo, somebody's coming."
- "I have felt him, my master." "Strange that I have not."
- "Back door. Good Idea!"
Further evidence that Lucas lost his art when he did the first three.