DasBlog, the blog engine I've started with, apparently has some difficulties running on Windows Server 2003:
- Save buttons don't seem to work.
- Categories disappear and reappear like socks in a dryer.
- It's written for ASP.NET 1.1, which has now been supplanted by version 2.0.
I suspect #1 and #2 may be caused by #3.
For you, gentle reader, this means that you won't be able to add comments to entries yet. In some ways this may be good—comments can be used for good or evil—but in most ways it's just irritating.
I may have to re-write it for .NET 2.0. This is not my top software-development priority at the moment.
Update: Something funky is going on with caching, too. I think that's what made the categories disappear.
Also, it appears DasBlog's editor took my lovely XHTML code and made it beastly HTML 4.01 Transitional code, which in English means "it's broken."
And sadly, it seems that the authors have stopped maintaining the code and documentation.
Later update: I've turned off buffering in IIS. Let's see if that helps. Though, I've found two new irritations:
- Apparently the Portal theme has a formatting bug that is causing my latest post ("Who's who in the Software category) to flow waaaay off the right side of the page. Other themes either don't look right or they don't display the embedded images.
- The editor really, really messes up HTML, to the point that I don't trust it for anything other than basic text entry.