The Top 22 Signs You've Had Too Much of the '90s:
- Cleaning up the dining area means getting the fast food bags out of
the back seat of your car.
- Your reason for not staying in touch with family is that they do not
have e-mail addresses.
- Keeping up with sports entails adding ESPN's homepage to your
- You have a "to do list" that includes entries for lunch and bathroom
breaks and they are usually the ones that never get crossed off.
- You have actually faxed or e-mailed your Christmas list to your
- Pick up lines now include a reference to liquid assets and capital
- You consider 3rd day air delivery painfully slow.
- You assume the question to valet park or not is rhetorical.
- You refer to your dining room table as the flat filing cabinet.
- Your idea of being organized is multiple colored post-it notes.
- Your grocery list has been on your refrigerator so long some of the
products don't even exist any more.
- You lecture the neighborhood kids selling lemonade on ways to
improve their profits.
- You get all excited when it's Saturday and you can wear sweats to
- You refer to the tomatoes grown in your garden as deliverables.
- You find you really need PowerPoint to explain what you do for a
- You normally eat out of vending machines and at the most expensive
restaurant in town within the same week.
- You think that "progressing an action plan" and "calendarizing a
project" are acceptable English phrases.
- You know the people at the airport hotels better than you know your
next door neighbors.
- You ask your friends to "think out of the box" when making Friday
- You think Einstein would have been more effective had he put his
ideas into a matrix.
- You think a "half-day" means leaving at 5 o'clock.
And the number 1 sign you've had too much of the 90's:
- You hear most of your jokes via email instead of in person.
(Or on websites.ed.)
Submitted by reader M.B.