Major League Baseball released its 2013 schedule today. Here are the highlights for the Cubs:
- They start the season April 1st in Atlanta.
- The home opener on April 8th will be against Milwaukee.
- The first appearance at a park I haven't gotten to yet won't happen until they visit Seattle on June 28th; but:
- ...with their first-ever trip to Oakland immediately following on July 2nd, I sense a trip to the West Coast coming next summer.
- Same with back-to-back series in two other parks I haven't seen, Colorado (July 19-21) and Arizona (July 22-25).
- They end the season in St. Louis, playing our arch-rivals, the Cardinals.
The Cubs will not be visiting New Yankee Stadium, Minnesota, Texas, or Toronto, the other four parks in the 30-Park Geas I haven't visited yet.
Chicago's local CBS affiliate has a Cubs-specific schedule.